Camping and Lodging
Camp Kiwanis is not a campground. Camp Kiwanis is a summer camp facility for children. We are grateful to have this beautiful facility available to our community. Camp Kiwanis is a beautiful facility on Mill Dam lake, located within the Ocala National Forest, in Silver Springs, Florida.
When I Arrive
- Upon arrival you will receive a wristband at the gate confirming your admission.
- Just past the gate, to your left, will be an area where you can park and unload your camping gear.
- Once you have unloaded your camping equipment, please park your vehicle, in an organized manner, in the parking area.
- The camping area is a short walk from the parking lot.
- Vehicles must not enter the event area!
- If you have a Disability and need to park closer to the event area, please let us know. We will accommodate you as well as we can.
Camping in your Vehicle
- You may utilize your vehicle for camping if you plan to sleep inside the vehicle. You may not park your vehicle and put a tent next to it. The vehicle camping is located in the rear of the parking lot and everyone has to park closely to allow sufficient space for everyone.
Fire & Bar B Q grill Policy
- All fires must be contained off the ground. Absolutely no fires may be on the ground!
- Absolutely no holes may be dug for fires!
- Above ground Bar B Q Grills are permitted.
- Vehicles must stay inside Parking Lot boundaries.
- No Vehicles may have access to the lake area.
- The field is utilized for summer youth activities. Therefore all traffic must be minimum in this area!
Breaking Down Camp
When the event is over and you begin breaking down camp, please remember.
- You had to carry in your equipment. That means you have to carry it out. No vehicles may enter the camping area! Especially the Lake area!
- Please carry your “end of the weekend” garbage to the dumpster. The Paralounge has a very small staff of “FRIENDS”. Please carry the “end of the weekend” trash to the dumpster to alleviate the excess garbage piling up at the trash cans. Your FRIENDS appreciate the help.
- Please be sure to pick up any “micro trash” before you leave. Cigarette butts and small wrappers must be cleaned up.
- Paralounge is responsible for leaving the venue clean before we leave. Whatever trash you leave behind, Paralounge has to pick up. Please show us your gratitude
- Camp Kiwanis has a large screened in pavilion that allows for a comfortable environment, know matter what weather we have.
- The children will have fun on the playground!
- There is a full basketball court.
Camp Kiwanis gives you access to Mill Dam Lake with a beautiful beach.
Important! Mill Dam Lake is not a part of the Paralounge Drum Gathering event. You have access at your own risk.
- No Life Guard on Duty
- Swim at own risk
- All children must be accompanied by a legal guardian
Yes. There is wildlife present. Gators, snakes and other wildlife may be encountered anywhere at Camp Kiwanis. The facility is located in the Ocala National Forest.
It is a wildlife protection zone.
Bears are seen frequently!
- Do not let children go unattended into the forest.
- Do not leave food unattended.
- Store food away from your tent and sealed.
- Do not feed wildlife!
Due to Covid, we are not offering “single” bunks. The bunkhouses will be rented out to a single person, whom will be responsible for anyone they admit into their space.
Dorm rooms are available for large groups and special needs persons.
- Dorm rooms do not lock. Paralounge Inc. is not responsible for security.
- No children on the top bunks.
- No children may be left unattended.
- No smoking
- Pillows and blankets are not provided.
- Do not move beds.
- These rooms must be swept and clean, before check out 2 pm Sunday.
If you have a large group, please E-mail us, Staff@paralounge.net, to reserve a bunkhouse.
If you are unable to camp, and the dorm rooms are reserved, you have the option of renting a cabin across Mill Dam Lake. The cabins can be seen from the beach at Camp Kiwanis. Call Mill Dam Lake Resort for details # 352-625-4500