Workshops & performances
40 African Djembes, provided by Paralounge Inc. will be available for participants who may not own a drum and want to participate.
Thursday November 3, 2022
- 2:00 pm Gates Open
- 4:00 pm Introduction to Drum Circles with your host, Clinton Tipton. Discuss proper etiquette for the Paralounge Drum Circle. Discuss basic knowledge of “Applied Rhythm”, basic Drum Circle Structure and applying more instruments to create musical texture.
- 6:00 pm Welcome Home Drum Circle: Enjoy a musical meet and greet!
- 8:00 pm Sound Bath and Meditation tba…..
Friday November 4, 2022
- 9:00 am. Yoga with Karen Anselmo
- 10:30 am tba…..
- 1:00 pm Didgeridoo Workshop with Jeremy Lembo. Learn basic to advanced ways to play the Australian Didgeridoo.
- 2:30 pm tba….
- 4:00 pm Hand Slap Technique with Instructor Leon Larson.
- 5:30 pm Big Drum Club: Meet at the main Drum Circle. We will discuss the “Responsibility” of playing the Biggest Drums. We will experiment with placement in the drum circle. We will experiment with basic, but powerful rhythms. Djembe players are invited to play during certain points of the “experiment”. The over all purpose of this time is to help the “Bottom End” of the groove strengthen and help everyone get a more educated opinion on placement of instruments and responsibility of controlling the “Tempo”. This is being labeled an “Experiment” because we are blessed to have an abundance of educated players. Everyone’s opinion will be taken seriously and nobody will be recognized as the over all authority on the subject. This is an open study of the Paralounge Group Dynamics to make players more familiar with each other and to help the All Night Drum Circle work at its highest potential.
- 8:00 pm The Lost Safari Drummers
- 9:00 pm. Drum Circle * Didgeridoo Circle * Congo Corner * Flute Circle
Saturday November 5, 2022
- 9:00 am. Yoga
- 10:00 am. Facilitated Drum Circle with Giving Tree Music
- 1:00 pm Bodhran Drum Workshop with Linda Macchia. The Bodhran is the heartbeat of Celtic Music. It’s an Irish Frame Drum played with a stick, or “tipper”. Linda Macchia has been playing the Bodhran for 21 years with the Florida based Irish band “West Of Galway”. She’ll be teaching a foundational workshop on this drum. Don’t worry if you don’t have a bodhran, the techniques can be shown on most other frame drums as well and even pizza boxes!
- 2:30 pm Conga Rhythms for the Carnival with Instructor Orlando Sanchez.
- 4:00 pm Children’s Drum & Dance workshop with Giving Tree Music’s, Steve Turner. Children learn basic drum technique and rehearse for the performance.
- 6:00 pm Kids Drum & Dance Performance: Children perform for the parents! Get your camera ready! We welcome and honor the next generation of drummers and dancers.
- 7:00 pm Streams Of Sound Hand Pan Meditation and Sound Bath.
- 8:00 pm The World Beatniks World Percussion Ensemble
- 9:00 pm Drum Circle * Didgeridoo Circle * Congo Corner * Gypsy Dance Circle * Flute Circle
Sunday November 6, 2022
- 9:00 am Yoga
Rhythm Church with your host Clinton Tipton. This is a non-religious workshop that explores “spiritual intent” used in the drum circle, allowing people to feel better through the act of “Giving and Receiving” with music.
- Everyone must have campsites, and vending sites, vacant by 4 pm. Please be safe returning to civilization, and we look forward to seeing you next time!!