Workshops & performances
40 African Djembes, provided by Paralounge Inc. will be available for participants who may not own a drum and want to participate.
Thursday May 11, 2023
- 2:00 pm Gates Open ( Do Not Show Up Early! ) Vendors are setting up and we wish to keep the the area safe from distractions. Thank you for your patience.
- 4:00 pm Spirit Drum Creation Workshop: Hosted by Spirit Rising Vendors, Angela and Michael Canady. Important!! This workshop requires a fee, separate from the Paralounge Admission Fee. Follow this link to sign up for this workshop. Must be signed up before April 11, so supplies can be ordered on time. Click Here (Spirit Drum Workshop) to sign up.
- 7:00 pm Welcome Home Drum Circle: Enjoy a musical meet and greet! Meet your host, Clinton Tipton, discuss weekend expectations, drum circle etiquette and make new friends!
- 8:00 pm Sound Bath and Meditation . Sound Healing Encounters, with Vanessa Fuller Brown. This will be at the Gazebo on the lake.
Friday May 12, 2023
- 8:00 am. Breakfast
- 10:00 am Yoga with Nina Marie.
- 11:00 am Didgeridoo Workshop with Jeremy Lembo. Learn basic to advanced ways to play the Australian Didgeridoo.
- 1:00 pm Voice & The Drum with Instructor Vanessa Fuller Brown, of 1 Soul Center. Connect with your innate sound, rhythm and vibration through your voice. This workshop will explore vocal expression, chant, and toning, partnering with the voice of your drum. We will practice simple rhythms and intuitive drumming with any hand drum, weaving vocals into the rhythm. Please bring your instruments and your unique voice.
- 2:30 pm Conga Workshop with Sean Richards of www.oakenfirerhythms.com
- 4:00 pm Big Drum Club with Mark Demaio. Meet at the main Drum Circle. We will discuss the “Responsibility” of playing the Biggest Drums. We will experiment with placement in the drum circle. We will experiment with basic, but powerful rhythms. Djembe players are invited to play during certain points of the “experiment”. The over all purpose of this time is to help the “Bottom End” of the groove strengthen and help everyone get a more educated opinion on placement of instruments and responsibility of controlling the “Tempo”. This is being labeled an “Experiment” because we are blessed to have an abundance of educated players. Everyone’s opinion will be taken seriously and nobody will be recognized as the over all authority on the subject. This is an open study of the Paralounge Group Dynamics to make players more familiar with each other and to help the All Night Drum Circle work at its highest potential.
- 5:00 pm Dinner with Music: Enjoy a unique dining experience with live music. Details will be posted soon…..
- 7:00 pm Drum Circle Community Topics & Discussion addressing community issues, etiquette and resources.
- 8:00 pm Paralounge All Stars & Luman Beings Fire Troupe
- 9:00 pm. Drum Circle * Didgeridoo Circle
Saturday May 13, 2023
- 8:00 am. Breakfast
- 10:00 am. Yoga with Nina Marie.
- 11:00 am. Facilitated Drum Circle with Giving Tree Music. Bring the entire family to enjoy an exciting adventure in rhythm. All ages and all skill levels are invited to play. This is the rare opportunity when parents and children can play together at the same level! Take advantage of this bonding experience!! www.givingtreemusic.com
- 1:00 pm Middle Eastern Rhythms with Raihan Alam. Learn the basics to Middle Eastern Rhythms and how they apply to the dancer.
- 2:30 pm The Art Of BellyDance with Johanna Zenobia, from Hip Expressions Dance Studio.Join us to experience the beauty and joy of this ancient art form! Open to all ages, shapes, sizes, genders, skill levels… EVERY BODY! The Art of Belly Dance will take you through different techniques and isolations; you’ll get to try them on, test them out, and see how they can help you reduce stress, gain confidence in yourself, and allow the music and rhythms to flow through you! Belly Dance is customizable for every body; adjust the moves to help you feel your best. After learning some foundations, we’ll learn some basic ways to dance with others, using non-verbal communication to create a dance that can be done in pairs, trios, groups, and circles! We’ll be accompanied by Middle Eastern drum beats by Raihan Alam, so you can experience the connection between the traditional rhythms and the specifics of belly dance!Dancing, drumming, music… this is all about a celebration of life, and what better way to celebrate, than together!
- 4:00 pm Children’s Drum & Dance workshop with Giving Tree Music’s, Steve Turner. Children learn basic drum technique and rehearse for the performance.
- 4:00 pm African Dance with Mohamed Decosta. Learn from professional dance instructor Muhamed Decosta, from Boke’ Africa.
- 5:00 pm Dinner with Music: Enjoy a Unique Dining Experience with Live Music! Details will be posted soon….
- 7:00 pm Kids Drum & Dance Performance: Children perform for the parents! Get your camera ready! We welcome and honor the next generation of drummers and dancers.
- 7:30 pm Paralounge “Give Away” Everyone that purchases tickets before April 1, will be entered into the drawing. Prizes provided by Vendors and Paralounge supporters.
You could win **a Frame Drum or Handcrafted Flute, donated by www.islandflutes.com ** CD from Streams of Sound ** Cigar Box Guitar Handcrafted by Don Stein
The Luman Beings, Fire Troupe & Flow Artistry, will be performing.
- 8:00 pm Bellydance Troupe from Hip Expressions Dance Studio.
- 9:00 pm Drum Circle * Didgeridoo Circle *
- 9:00 pm Sound Bath & Meditation with Streams of Sound. To be held at the Gazebo next to the lake.
Sunday November 6, 2022
- 9:00 am Yoga with Gina Marie.
Rhythm Church with your host Clinton Tipton. This is a non-religious workshop that explores “spiritual intent” used in the drum circle, allowing people to feel better through the act of “Giving and Receiving” with music.
- Everyone must have campsites, and vending sites, vacant by 4 pm. Please be safe returning to civilization, and we look forward to seeing you next time!!